The other day, I read an interesting short article in Glamour Magazine on whether women should be willing to date older or younger men. The article was written from the perspective of two women, one married to an older man and one married to someone younger. In making their respective arguments. I must admit that both happily married women raise great pros.
- Are like walking encyclopedias — they have lived so much more of life, that they are always good for an interesting story or fun fact
- Can offer good career advice
- Know how to make minor repairs to your car
- Are expert back-rubbers
- Don’t take the ‘argument bait’ — they can see your moody butt coming, and will just wait for the tide to turn instead of getting all hysterical
- Are ‘presoftened’ by the society of the last 30 years — Women’s rights, gay rights, he is just more open and more receptive
- Are more willing to break gender roles — again, because of his presoftening, he is willing to change diapers, cook dinner, and do laundry and he is more than happy to support your career choices